RK Laxman 28 Quotes of the Cartoonist Tributes

28 Quotes of the Cartoonist 

Change? Does the colour of the sky change ever? My symbol will never change.

Searching for new ideas is an endless process.

The cartoon contains observation, sense of humour, sense of the ridiculous and contradiction – life!

[The Common Man] from India can survive without water, food, light, air, shelter!

To a child, reality seems much more fabulous than fantasy.

Crows are so good looking, so intelligent. Where will I find characters like that in politics?

Each morning I grumble, I plan to resign as I drag myself to office. By the time I come home I like my work!

Every one of my drawings is my favourite.

A cartoonist enjoys not a great man but a ridiculous man.

Change? Does the colour of the sky change ever? My symbol will never change.

Each morning I grumble, I plan to resign as I drag myself to office. By the time, I come home I like my work!A cartoonist enjoys not a great man but a ridiculous man.

Britishers who came to India missed Indian humour since they couldn’t understand our sense of domestic humour. They thought Indians have no sense of humour!

Cartooning is the art of insult and ridicule.

Every single tree spelt adventure. I would scramble right to their top and watch the world from the heights.

Frankly, our politics is so sad that if I had not been a cartoonist, I would have committed suicide.

Generally, people take everything for granted. They hardly see anything around them.

I am grateful to our politicians. They have not taken care of the country, but me.

I do not remember wanting to do anything else except draw.

My common man is omnipresent. He’s been silent all these 50 years. He simply listens.

My sketch pen is not a sword, it’s my friend.

Nothing like India for cartooning and drawing!

I have not forgotten that you can see the world through pieces of coloured glass.

I think anarchy would have suited us better.

I think everybody enjoys it when our mighty politicians are exposed in a comical and often ludicrous light.

It is impossible to say how to become a cartoonist; you have to be born with the gift, just as you cannot tell someone how to sing.

Laloo Prasad Yadav, who ought to be inside jail, is actually outside. And Jayalalitha is growing so large that I do not know which jail can accommodate her!

Only when we grow older do we learn to be kind and realise that selfishness is bad. But even then not all of us learn these things. Otherwise, why would there be fights and wars?


Narendra Modi Tribute
My condolences to the family & countless well-wishers of a legend whose demise leaves a major void in our lives. RIP RK Laxman.

India will miss you RK Laxman. We are grateful to you for adding the much needed humour in our lives & always bringing smiles on our faces.

Yogendra Yadav
R K Laxman, the man who gave voice to the common man is no more. A legend in true sense. RIP

Harsha Bhogle
A great man who used a small space to tell such meaningful stories. RK Laxman brought joy. Goodbye and thank you.

Farhan Akhtar

The common man just lost its first citizen. RIP R.K Laxman.

Omar Abdullah
India loses her preeminent Common Man. RIP 

Chandrababu Naidu
Laxman, a gifted storyteller, embellished his canvas with keen sense of humour & satirist’s ability to take whimsical look at anything.
Saddened to hear about the passing of legendary cartoonist RK Laxman. He chronicled Indian life & politics through eyes of common man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do pass your comments here.